Sisterly Love

Lydia's gorgeous smile (her usual look)

Still so tiny!
My good friend, Kelly Anderson, wanted to take some pictures of the girls. She is a twin herself, so it was fun to visit with her family (especially her mom) during the shoot. I love these pics! PLEASE look Kelly up, if you are looking for a great photographer! She also does hair and has great style. Her blog is www.kunnybunnykins.blogspot.com.Sleep: Things at our household have been a bit crazy at times. We have been switching up sleeping arrangements for our family. For now we have found the most success when Chad and I sleep in our own bed, Mack on a travel bed in our room, and the twins in the crib in the kids' room. This way I can close both doors and only hear the girls when they really need me. A couple of nights ago, I was awake for most of the night (except for maybe 2 hours total). By 4am, I lost it and began to cry. I ran to my room where Chad and Mack were sleeping. Chad got up and helped me, so I could sleep. I usually try not to wake him, because he can't take naps in the day like I can. So, that is the reason behind the girls being "locked away" at night. Since then, I have been able to get 8 hours of broken sleep a night, if I go to bed at 10 or 11 and wake up at 8 or 9.
Moving: Chad's brother gave us the opportunity to move into a duplex he owns for a very good price. It is probably 2 or 3 times the size of home we are living in. 3 bed, 1 1/2 bath, play area, den, bigger kitchen, laundry room, fenced backyard... We would be dumb not to jump at the chance to live there; wouldn't we be? Well, turns out, we told him yes, and then began to doubt our decision. So, we prayed about it and decided we would be dumb to take the offer, so we had to decline it. Reasons??? I've learned the hard way not to make deals with family members. We love Ryan and his family too much to jeopardize that relationship. Also, moving right now (packing, cleaning, fixing this place up for renters, finding renters) on top of barely surviving the day would result in some very damaged people, emotionally. Not worth the risk. Lastly (and the biggest factor) was our ward. We just don't feel like it's the time to leave the wonderful members of our ward. I need their support right now. Such as being able to call Aubrey today on a whim and her come to my rescue within 20 seconds of making the call. I love these people and can't survive without them right now.
Mack: My favorite story about him as of late: On Monday, he was invited to a friend's house to play the next morning. That night he was in the tub and hollered, "Mom. I'm ready to get out and go to Josie's house now." I said, "Mack, you can't go until morning." "Why?" he asked. "Because it's late, she's probably in bed, and asleep." I replied. Mack then said, "How do you know, mom. Maybe she's nocturnal."



11 comments:
They are so cute. Beautiful like their mama!
I cant imagine sleep with 2, I go psycho with 1 newborn. Wish I could help you.
Love those pictures! The "nocturnal" comment is hilarious.
Your girls are ADORABLE! I wish I were closer to have Mack come play with Xander more. They would both love it.
I am glad/sad that you are not moving. The time will come when it is right. We have have our 3 kids in the same room. The last couple of nights I have wanted to pull my hair out with Preston waking up more than a newborn. Then the chances of him waking up the girls....it drives me batty but we know we are suppose to be here and not anywhere else. I need to get Mack over here, I know I keep saying that but we have had head colds at our house and it has been a nightmare so I don't want you to get it and the babies. When we are healthy and well, believe me you will hear from me :) Your girls are so sweet and adorable. Call me if you need anything, dinner, babysitter (when we are well)....anything at all. please call us!
Your girls are beautiful! Great pictures too. I love the nocturnal comment, it made me laugh. I hope all continues to go well for you. Good luck.
Oh my! Those girls are just too cute! I can hardly stand it. I need to come play with them sometime and give you a little bit of a break. How is MC handling the twins?
Such cute girls! My gosh I can't stand it!!! It's such a hard decision to move. Someday, it will be right, but way to go on listening to your instincts. Obviously you are there for a reason! Hope things continue to go well, and you start getting more sleep!!
Oh, Cherise! Your girls are GORGEOUS! I can't believe how much they have changed already. And I 100% believe in closing the door so you can sleep until the girls need you! My babies don't get to sleep in the same room as us from about day 3 for that very reason. You are amazing!
nocturnal?! Okay...let me think of how many times I'VE used that word?! Hmm...probably none!! What a funny boy!
wow...yes...it's probably a very good thing to stay in your current ward, with all of that support! You are so blessed!!
Congrats!
Bless your heart! Cherise I'm so praying for you right now. Your little ones are so gorgeous, though. Beautiful little ones. I just loved Mack's "deep thought" -- AWESOME! I just miss him to pieces and wish Calli was there to play! Calli just learned what "nocturnal" meant also! So cute....
cherise i love the pictures! i'm going to have to follow your blog - thanks for commenting on my other one otherwise i may not have found you! hopefully eddy and i can come hang out soon. i'm not the best with babies... but i can try! :)
Post a Comment