We blessed the girls, today. Chad was nervous he'd give the wrong name to the wrong baby. Luckily, he got both the first and middle names right! It was great to have all our family and close friends get together and celebrate the babies' lives. Mary (my amazing step-mom) brought my mother-in-law down from Washington and then surprised everyone my bringing my dad with her. I know that sounds mixed up, but... Last month, my dad was on a ladder when it collapsed. He landed on his elbow and basically turned it to dust. He was hospitalized for two weeks and had major surgery where the bones where replaced by titanium. I was told he couldn't come, because of the pain and risk of getting hurt on the ride. Gullible me completely believed them. Boy, was I surprised when he showed up at dinner the night before! It meant a lot to have him there to help bless my girls! I love my family and good friends who came to support us today. It was a beautiful one!
So, my pictures didn't turn out that well, because my camera was on the wrong setting. I am going to take more pictures (hopefully tomorrow) to send out to people. It was hard to get good pictures, too, when I had a few little girls standing around trying to do bunny ears and get in the frame.
So, Mack has a new girlfriend, Mia. According to what Mack had me record in his journal, Mia and he are getting married in the temple. Mack will steal Chad's church clothes in order to do so. He is excited that they will finally be able to sit in the front seat of the car. After a while, he will go to work everyday and Mia will have a baby in her tummy. When the baby is born, Santa Claus will be there, so they can finally meet him at their house. Santa will bring their baby all kinds of fun toys and Mack will play set up the toys and play with the baby. This picture was during a play date. They were drawing pictures on the fridge. Don't worry... I encouraged it! I love, love, love crayola washable markers! They come off with a baby wipe!
MackMan! Na na na na na na na na Na na na na na na na na. MackMan!
This is how he dresses most days when leaving the house, minus the mask and "bat ears." The cape and matching Thomas boots are a must! We were trying to get an action shot in this photo.
So, Mack is a very good big brother. He is having a difficult time with sharing attention right now, though. I feel so bad for him. He does stuff a lot to get attention, but the wrong kind. I can't just ignore his behavior and still need to put him in time out. However, I think I need to try to give him more attention, somehow, while I am taking care of the babies. When I do set time aside for him, he doesn't want it, or does things that land him in time out. Also, he's been overly teased a bit by an older cousin. He frequently talks about how much it bothers him. I think between the babies and being teased so much, he is beginning to feel unwanted, or something. What do I do? Suggestions are very welcome in the comments...
Otherwise, life is good *sigh*

Otherwise, life is good *sigh*

8 comments:
The girls look beautiful! I love Macks action shot! It's so cute! I don't know how you guys are doing everything with two babies! I have one and it seems like I don't have enough time to do things. Keep up what your doing! Cause it looks like it's working.
What an amazing day! I'm sorry we couldn't make it. Sounds like everything turned out well though. The dresses are adorable!Poor Macks, he'll just get used to how things are as the months go by and hopefully use his time with you wisely instead of making decisions that get him into trouble. He'll get it, you all will, and life will continue going on happily!
Those are beautiful babes you got there! And that's very wise of Mack... to steal daddy's clothes to get married in the temple. I try to plan alone time with each of my kids. Mara gets more alone time with me because Da goes with his dad a lot and he's at school during my lunch. So, at least once a month I try to plan time for just me and him - no one else. It doesn't even have to be big, but time where he is the only thing on your mind. That seems to help Da a lot. Good luck!
I love it! Your girls are so beautiful! Having Mack dress like that makes me feel better - Today Calli has a hat and gloves on (its' over 80 degrees). Yesterday her little friend wore swimming goggles at church (that I absolutely wouldn't allow) but it was really funny. ;) I love "Mack Man!" Tell him to fly out here and visit Calli!
What beautiful girls! You have the cutest little family! What a good surprise to have your dad show up.
Oh Cherise! (Tear, tear) what a beautiful day for you guys! I am so glad your Dad got to go. I wish we could have been there! Some day I wish to meet them and kiss them and hug them! Oh that Mack! What a hoot! He's so silly! Give him a hug! My advice for your issue is just try to keep with the old traditions as much as you can. If you read to him keep reading to him. Tuck him in and know that he is loved. Life is always tough on the oldest child. They always seem to need that extra love and attention. But it builds character. Kyle always finds a little bit of extra time in the week to spend with Cody doing something together. Just keep up the good work and don't be to hard on yourself! You are great mother! I don't know how you do it all! Love ya! Miss ya!
The twins look SO big in those pictures. I want copies of them and of Mack's Mackman pose to hang on my wall!!! As for your problem... Come to Roosevelt,
Mike and I will watch the girls, Take Mack on a couple dates including the drive in and that way everyone wins!
The girls are just so beautiful...we will have to see them soon! (We are in Mapleton for the summer!)
LOVE Mack's marriage story...hehehee...
Post a Comment