October- Halloween
Little Bo Peep and the little her little lost sheep at the ward (indoor) trunk-or-treat.
Our pumpkins. The large one we won at Ream's in Springville, because we guessed the weight of the pumpkin. Our picture was taken and published in the newspaper. So random!
The one on the left was Chad's, the Batman pumpkin was Mack's (of course he had help... a lot of help), and the other one was the girls' (they, too had a lot of help). :) The glowing jars were a preschool project Mack and I did. They are painted baby food jars with googly eyes and a candle inside. They would have been really cool, except the rain ruined the tea lights and I didn't have extras.
We stayed here for Thanksgiving dinner and ate at Chad's brother's new gorgeous house in Salem with most of the Weber's and Hinckley's. We then headed down to Richfield to my sweet niece's blessing. She is so precious and I was mad I left my camera home. I ended up staying down there for the week while Chad worked on a special Christmas project (you'll see in a sec).
The kids and I also went out to Vernal for a visit at the beginning of the month. We had a good time and I really enjoyed getting to know my mom's boyfriend, Mike.
While I was out there I lost my phone. I searched the entire car and all my luggage and still couldn't find it. Chad signed us up for a free trial for Sprint Family Locator. According to Google Maps, it was about 1/4 mile from my mom's house; which means I set my phone on top of the car and drove away. I have only set my phone on top of the car one other time, and I saw it up there while I was standing on my neighbor's porch. By the time we figured on the location, I was already at Shaurie's (which is about 30 minutes away), so I couldn't just drive there and get it. Plus, it was dark out. So, my mom and Mike went out looking for it that night with flashlights, but still couldn't find it. They even searched the next morning and didn't see anything. Well, Shaurie and I decided to drive over there and search for it. We were both kind of frustrated and Shaurie had a ton of stuff to do that day for Primary. We both said little prayers to be able to find it quickly. We got to the neighborhood and parked the car on the side of the road. We each got out and began looking. Shaurie stayed close to the car. I saw the foot prints from Mike and Mom, and went a bit further than they had gone. About a foot from their prints, I found my hot pink cover. A couple of steps back, I found the battery cover in some weeds. Then I looked down the creek bank and saw the bright blue battery... in the phone tangled in a huge patch of dead weeds. Since my phone is grey, I wouldn't have been able to find it without the battery cover off. The whole search process took less than 5 minutes. It's amazing to me what the power of prayer can do!
He is so proud of the Batman Belly Washer! Thanks, Grandma!
Lydia loved the cat and even kissed it a couple of times.
December- Christmas
I made a list of all the fun things I wanted to do and all the yummy food I wanted to make. Happily I was able to accomplish almost everything. All except for frosting the sugar cookies I made. I love doing all the holiday things! We went to temple square with my brother, Jarred, and his wife, Kathryn. It was funny to see how she got around with all their kids. Everyone walked around in train fashion. It was so cute. It was great to see Jayden, Tanner, and Chelan one more time before they headed up to Washington with their mom for the next six months. They are good kids. All of them are. Jarred and Kathryn left all 7 of them at my house for a bit while they ran an errand. There was not a single problem while they were gone. They all just played so well and when it was time to clean up, every one of them pitched in and did their part to clean up the toys. I was so impressed with their behavior.
Here we are at the Gateway.
Another attempt at a picture of all 5 of us... We will get it right someday.
What a beautiful building! The Salt Lake Temple will always be my favorite.
This is in the reflection pool in front of the temple. Such a breath taking sight. 
This picture reminds me... we were able to attend Savior of the World with some of our good friends, Jared and Alisa. We've been fortunate enough to see it a couple of times before. It is one of those productions that is life changing. It is a musical about Jesus Christ's birth and resurrection. The beginning focuses on Mary and Joseph and the things they experienced pre-pregnancy. The first act ends at the Savior's birth and the second act opens at his death. Then it goes on to the resurrection. Savior of the World always puts me in the true Christmas spirit.
THE bed...
Chad's present to Mack was a new bed. He stayed late at work for a few nights to work on it. It is a full size loft bed, which means it is similar to a bunk bed, but doesn't have another bed underneath. Mack plays games, batman, fort, tent, house, etc. under it. And it is really tall. I have to stand on a stool to check in on him during the night.
My present to him was a new bedspread to go on it and Santa brought him Batman sheets. It really is a cool bed. I snuck up there and took a nap one Sunday and had total peace and quiet, since the kids couldn't reach up there.
When Chad brought it home, it was in pieces and he asked Mack if he could store the wood in Mack's room. Mack was really excited and willing to store it in there. At first he told me they were going to make steps up to his bed so it would be easier to climb in (his bed was a foot off the ground). We took him to see Tangled (such a good movie) and while we were gone he told us all sorts of plans he had for the wood... a fort, a dog house for his puppies (stuffed animals), and a bat cave. When we finally got home, he and Chad set to work to build something. Piece by piece Mack told Chad what to do. At the end, we asked him what we should use as a roof. His suggestion was a blanket. I suggested his mattress. He was pretty excited about that. It wasn't until Chad and I said, "Surprise!" that he realized what it was.
THE bed...
Chad's present to Mack was a new bed. He stayed late at work for a few nights to work on it. It is a full size loft bed, which means it is similar to a bunk bed, but doesn't have another bed underneath. Mack plays games, batman, fort, tent, house, etc. under it. And it is really tall. I have to stand on a stool to check in on him during the night.
My present to him was a new bedspread to go on it and Santa brought him Batman sheets. It really is a cool bed. I snuck up there and took a nap one Sunday and had total peace and quiet, since the kids couldn't reach up there.
When Chad brought it home, it was in pieces and he asked Mack if he could store the wood in Mack's room. Mack was really excited and willing to store it in there. At first he told me they were going to make steps up to his bed so it would be easier to climb in (his bed was a foot off the ground). We took him to see Tangled (such a good movie) and while we were gone he told us all sorts of plans he had for the wood... a fort, a dog house for his puppies (stuffed animals), and a bat cave. When we finally got home, he and Chad set to work to build something. Piece by piece Mack told Chad what to do. At the end, we asked him what we should use as a roof. His suggestion was a blanket. I suggested his mattress. He was pretty excited about that. It wasn't until Chad and I said, "Surprise!" that he realized what it was.
Here they are assembling the bed. I'll post pictures of the finished project later.
...and Lydia.
And the reason I don't have a picture with all three kids together???
This is about as good as I can get. Even after the 20 shots I took of them. At least none of their faces are blurry and they are all facing the camera.

No comments:
Post a Comment