Sunday, March 15, 2009

Such Proud Parents!



The past couple of weeks have been very exciting for Mack.  We are so proud of him and can't believe how fast he is growing.  The other day in the car he told me that when he is a "man" he wants "to go on a mission and tell people about Jesus Christ."  When we see missionaries out and about, I explain to him who they are and what they do, but I've never asked him if he wants to go.  I was quite shocked when he told me that's what he wants to do.   So proud...

For the past 2 weeks he has been wearing real underwear and has only had 2 accidents, none of which were last week.  He loves telling people about them and I love not changing diapers!  I think he might be close to night time training, too.  Sometimes he wakes up completely dry and asking to use the potty.  So proud...


Last weekend he did his freestyle at his first clogging competition.  It was held at Thanksgiving Point in the red barn and I had been working the previous weekend for the dance portion.  He was there for maybe 5 minutes and wanted to dance on the stage before the competition started.  It was really hard getting him off there, so I told he he could go back the following week and dance with Garrett (his little buddy).  Everyday he talked about getting to dance with Garrett on stage.  When the time finally came, he was so excited!  He performed really well and wasn't even nervous or scared.  Of course, they both won 1st places.  So proud...

Thursday, I received a phone call from Utah Valley Magazine and, would you believe, Mack won a photo contest!  I entered a couple of pictures I took of him for fun, but didn't expect to win.  Obviously, being Mack's mom, I think he's a cute kid.  It's just that there are a lot of cute kids in the valley.  Anyway, he will be in the May issue of the magazine and he won a $100 gift certificate to a kid's boutique in Highland.  So proud...

I can't remember which photos I sent in, but I know one of them was the picture at the top of this post.  I'm  hoping this was the other.

As you can see, we've had some very exciting events take place around here.  Hopefully I'll have fun things to blog about next time.

11 comments:

Nicole said...

That's so fun that he won 1st place and a baby contest. Although I am not surprised as he is so beautiful...you can say that about boys right??

Marion said...

It's so fun watching your children grow and come into themselves. Mack is so cute and you should be proud of everything he does! Love you lots! oxox

Becky said...

Cherise!! So fun to see your adorable family! It's been too long...I'm glad that you have a blog so that I can see what you are up to!

http://shoberfamily.blogspot.com

Mike and Shaurie Berlin said...

You didn't tell me he won the contest. That is so cool! And Mike and I are still laughing about how cute/funny he was on stage. He has such a cute personality!

Mike and Shaurie Berlin said...

One other thing. Mikes aunt Jenny has started her own background blog. They are so cute and she makes them herself. you have to check it out. http://jshblogbackgroundsandmore.blogspot.com/

Shaila Lou said...

Ah, he's getting so big and grown up. I love when they potty train! I hate changing diapers at that age.

He's one cute boy, he deserved to win the baby contest! How fun! Love ya!

Mishelle Noyes said...

That's awesome! okay time to have some more:-) You need to bless the world with more cute adorbale kids!! you guys are awesome! Love ya!

The MK Crew said...

Cherise - I am so glad you started a blog! So fun! Mack is very cute! I always love proud parent moments - it makes up for the not-so-good ones.

Devin and Elle said...

oh I miss being around you guys like we used to!!! It was so fun to see you yesterday.love ya!!!*

Alisa said...

He is SOOO stinkin' cute. It's no surprise that he won the photo competition!

Thanks for coming over and visiting...we had so much fun catching up! Oh, and my dad was SOOO flattered that Mack called him "Grandpa"!! :-)

JanaLee said...

How proud you are and have the right to be!! Mack is adorable and it is so fun to be able to see him grow now that you and I are in touch. By the way, he isn't the only cute one in your family...you are just an adorable little family!
love you!!