Saturday, September 19, 2009

Twin Update

My last check up was a couple of weeks ago.  I got another ultra sound, because I was having contractions in Washington.  This time Mack was with me and he had a great time laughing at the twins.  Since my last appointment, one of them has flipped, so they are now head-feet, head-feet.  They were both moving around pretty good, but when the one on my right would kick, it looked like it was kicking the other one in the head.  Mack thought that was so funny.  

We assumed the contractions were from a minor UTI, but I am finished with my antibiotics and am still having them when I push myself too much.  It's kind of pathetic how much I have to rest, now.  Most of the time I feel like I am just lazy and tired, but I am so happy at the same time that it's kind of an odd combination of feelings.

New info:
  • My next appointment is on Tuesday, Oct. 6th, where we will find out the genders.
  • I will get an ultra sound every month from here on out (even though I have been lucky enough to experience that so far).
  • Chad felt one kick his hand, again, while I was sleeping last night.  I guess it was pretty strong.
  • I am really tired a lot.  Yesterday I took a 3 1/2 hour nap, still went to bed at a decent time (for the week end, anyway) and slept in this morning.  Mack wasn't here, so I was able to do that...
  • Mack insists now, that we are having a boy and a girl.  A brother and a sister.  
  • My heartbeat is SO strong that I can hear my pulse rubbing against the sheets when I am laying down and it makes my teeth tap together in rhythm with my heartbeat.  Sometimes, I can even hear my pulse on one side of my body, then a gushing sound, and can then hear and feel my heartbeat in another area of my body.  It is very strange!
  • The other day during a nap, I had a dream about eating a sandwich with raw sliced steak, dripping with blood and I loved it.  We ate steak for dinner that night.  I felt like Bella...
I'll have more exciting news in a couple of weeks.  In the mean time, if you choose to leave a comment, please post what you think the gender(s) will be.  It is so exciting for us, we would love everyone involved in the fun!

Two more things... 1) Chad redid my bathroom while I was in Washington!  He painted the ceiling, walls, and door; replaced the fan, mirror, lights, vanity, sink, toilet, and floors; and added more outlets, so I can plug in my curling irons, without them getting in the way of the door.  What a great hubby!!!
2) I welcome all to read my blog, so feel free to share it with others.  Also, feel free to post a comment, even if I don't know you.  I love sharing and reading other's blogs.

22 comments:

Heidi said...

Hey! It's your cousin Heidi. I don't remember if you know that I check your blog or not. Anyhow, I think you are having two boys. I will also go as far as to say, you will name them Zeke and Zeb. Good luck with the pregnancy.

Renae said...

I love your blog! I'm so excited that you're having twins! I think they will both be girls. Can't wait for you to find out!!

Chellie said...

Fun Fun Fun. Lemme know when you want to come up to Logan! We can't wait to see you guys! Oh my gosh, Mack is so funny! And I certainly remember my heart beating all crazy. Some nights I couldn't get to sleep bc it was so loud. I'm glad you are doing well, but REST! Having a preterm baby is no fun (even though it's pretty inevitable with twins) but you DON'T want them to come any time soon, that's for sure! I think you are having a boy and a girl! I'm sorry they seem so uncomfortable! Poor kids are just being your typical siblings, right??? Well, we love you guys! Keep on keepin' on!

Lisa said...

YOU NEED TO STAY DOWN! Seriously having preemies is no picnic and I lasted until 36 weeks! They told me whenever I had contractions to change my position (lie down or sit up, whichever) and drink LOTS of water! Whenever I drank water they usually went away. Isn't it crazy how exaggerated everything is? Being tired, etc. I'm guessing you'll have a boy and a girl. Anyway, take it easy!

Maria said...

I hope it's a boy and girl. They're so much fun! (And you don't have to worry about dressing them alike... I think we already talked about that!)
I think about you all the time and hope you're doing ok. I read your blog and so many weird emotions and memories come back. The pregnancy is hard, but it really goes by SO fast, and then life really takes off!!!

Marion said...

I bet you're doubly tired and if your body is telling you that it is, then you need to allow it to. As far as the genders...I was in Joanne Fabrics a couple of weeks ago and I was pulled to the pink flannel and the thought came to me that some of these flannels would be really cute for Cherise's babies. Then I realized I didn't know what you're having! So my vote is girls. Love you lots!

Nicole said...

My neighbor is having twins too and she told me the same thing about her heartbeat. She said it is so crazy!

I think Mack is right...I bet its a boy and a girl...

Glad you are doing OK even if you tired..

Brittany said...

it is just still TRIPPING ME OUT (!!) that you are having twins! holy schneikies! you are so darling, cherise, and so is The Chad and mr. mack. i miss you and hope you are feeling alright.

Kathleen said...

I'm guessing Mack is right: a little brother AND a little sister! Congratulations on these twins. It'll be fun to find out the latest with your next ultrasound.

Nate & Lindsey said...

Okay Reese, I think you are going to have two boys! One @ 5 lbs 4oz the other one about 5 lbs and 7 oz. I am soooo incredibly happy, I love and miss you!!! Feel better and I am so impressed with Chad finishing the bathroom.

WRYUN said...

Ok, going with Mack here, one of each! So excited for you guys and hope they both spread their legs so you can find out! Hopefully you'll get the rest you need and be able to go as far as possible. Spencer was 5 wks. early and was in the NICU for 9 days, pretty tough....

Natalie said...

Hi Cherise!! How exciting you are having twins! Double the fun!! :) Take it easy though!!

Janessa said...

Hooray for twins! So glad to hear you're doing well. I'm going to say you're having twin girls, just for fun! Sunday I was at Church and a couple was back for their first time since the birth of their twin girls. They were so darling, and it made me think of you. I can't wait for the next update.

Alisa said...

Wow! It all sounds so great and exciting! Well, perhaps getting you worn out now is preparing you for the birth, since it probably won't be much different for the first few years...hehehe! Okay, I should have written something better to comfort you, but I didn't!!

Did you hear we are closing our store? Yup--closing permanently, and hopefully moving to Mexico, eventually. You'll have to catch up with us, sometime!

Molly said...

I'm going to say what call guessed which is a girl and a boy... I'm thinking Mack has it right!! Sometimes the big sibling just knows... Hang in there girl!

Anonymous said...

Hey Webers! I'm so glad you found us in the blogging world. Another congrats on the twins, I can't wait to find out what your having. (My guess is two girls by the way.)
We would love to have you come visit soon! Maybe we could all go to dinner or something? We're easy either way. Hope you are doing well and I do believe you are "super mom." Having one infant is a handful for me and I can't imagine two plus a toddler (plus Chad.) :)

Kaitlin said...

Yay Cherise!! I'm so excited for you! Whatever gender, they'll be an uber lot of fun!! -Kaitlin Nichols (Becca's little sister)

trine k said...

HI!!! I found you again and this time I am putting in you my feed right now!! Oh how we miss you and love you guys! Leyna just asked me if she could come play with mackers. :) I wish! Do you have a web cam, I forget? We need to skype! I'm so excited to stay updated on the twins...yay! PS Your pictures look amazing, you are so beautiful

trine k said...

Oh, and Leyna and I think it's gonna be a girl and boy and Leyna says she thinks they are gonna be twins. :) (Just in case you had any doubts)

JanaLee said...

CAN'T WAIT TO FIND OUT IF THE LITTLE CRITTERS ARE BOYS, GIRLS OR ONE OF BOTH! YOU HAVE A RIGHT OT BE TIRED! GET YOUR REST NOW BECAUSE IN A FEW MONTHS YOU WON'T BE GETTING ANY! GIVE MACK A KISS...LOVE YOU!

Camille Hammond said...

I have no clue as to what you're having-I'll say 2 girls. My reccomendation would be to not name them with rhyming names or names that start with the same letter. Janica's and my names were totally different, and I have always been so glad, because it can be hard sometimes feeling like you have a separate identity, and having such different names helped. Plus, people had a hard enough time telling us apart and saying the right name, without the names being similar!

brandon said...

Cherise! It's me, Lindsay Andersen! Cannot wait to find out what you're having :)