And the genders are.... GIRLS. It took me a couple of hours to get used to the idea, since all three of us were hoping for one of each, but Shaurie was super excited, which helped me gain some excitement. Mack and Chad are still trying to accept the loss of a possible brother for Mack. When they found out, Mack stomped his foot and exclaimed, "DANG IT!!!" I'm sure he'll become more excited as we get closer to their births. Every night, I ask him if there is anything he'd like to tell the babies. His response is always, "Hey babies! We have baby toys here." I think he's trying to coax them out early.

The doctor said they both look really healthy and are doing well. Here is some fun info:
- They each weigh about 12 oz., or 3/4 of a pound.
- As of now, their heads are both up, with their feet down. Baby A kind of curves around my right side and Baby B curves around the left. This explains the sudden urge to pee, since they are both kicking my bladder!
- I feel Baby B's arms punching around on my left side a lot. She really gets excited and wiggles a lot.
- Baby A is turned, so I don't feel her arms as much. Most of the ultrasound, she had one arm up, and the other at her chest. But, I do feel her little feet more often.
- Both of their brains and hearts look very healthy.
- Both of them measure 2 days small, thus far, which is normal and good for twins.
- My due date was changed from the 21st of Feb. to the 19th. I highly doubt I'll make it that long. I'm betting they are born in the last week of January, or first week in February.
I also had a regular doctor's appointment, yesterday. I asked him about the contractions I've been having, and he said I just have to take things really easy and not stand for a long time. Since my cervix is completely thick and in tact, there is not need to worry too much.
Before I forget, I have to brag about my great friends! On Thursday, Elle was here and Aubrey W. came over. They put my room back together (and Aubrey came over the day before to help me finish painting), cleaned the bathroom, cleaned the kitchen and did the dishes, vacuumed, scrubbed the humidifier, helped with laundry, and straightened the living room. My house has stayed pretty clean since then! I guess, with the exception of Mack's room. It is a huge mess, but I haven't even wanted to start on that project, since I know I need to go through his clothes and toys and dejunk. Plus I need to rearrange his room to get ready for baby furniture. I'll just wait until Shaurie is here to help me out (thanks, Shaur!).

23 comments:
That is soo exciting! I also like the name Lydia, so keep fighting for it. Good luck with everything.
We are so excited for you guys!! Can't wait to see pix of your girlies, they're going to be gorgeous. Congrats!
I am SOOO excited!!!!! I still think you should skip Lydia and just go with Shaurie Anne Weber. it has a nice ring to it don't ya think. haha love ya!!!
congrats!!!
Yay! Congratulations on cute little girls! I love both name choices. You're amazing!
Congrats! Girls are SOO much fun! Lemme know when you wanna come up here! I know, driving stinks! Call me. (435) 7 70 Dash 33 22. Haha. just in case there are some crazy phone search sites or something, maybe that will throw them off. Well, delete it once you get my number. Love ya!
Yea for girls! Its fun to buy clothes for girls..and shoes..and bows...and of course dancing, twirling dresses.
Love the Name Addie and Adysen too. Good Luck on the battle with Lydia. It's cute too.
I am so excited for you! Congrats :)
I think two girls will be a lot of fun and maybe it could have some conveniences to have them be the same gender. Can't wait to see them! Love ya!
Congrats Cherise!!! I just found your blog and am so happy for you! I am on my third too but just not two at a time. I think Mack was born just a little before my Carson and now your twins will be born around the time of my Ammon. That is just weird. I am so happy for you to have two sweet little girls. So sorry you have been sick though. That is tough. I'm a little jealous of the cute girl stuff you get to buy though, the tights are my favorite, especially the ones with ruffles on the bum of the ones with fake shoes on the feet. Congrats!
Michael & Mishelle were suppose to be identical girls. So we had all kinds of girls names picked out. Its so hard isn't it? Good luck on this new adventure. I feel for ya.
Love, Lorrie Olson
That's so exciting Cherise!! I think both of those names are very cute! Good luck with everything!!
I didn't even know you had a blog! Booger me. I'm excited for your girls... so much fun!
How about Andrew Lloyd Weber? Oh, wait! That's already taken! But boy names can be girl names these days! On a serious note...I'm happy that you're having two girls. What best friends they'll be. If you feel strongly about a name, stick to your guns. I'm so sorry I didn't but now I can't imagine any of my kids with any other name. Good luck...love you lots!
Yay for girls!! You will love having 2 little girls. It is so fun to dress them up all matching with all the accessories! I, obviously, love the name Addie :) And Lydia is beautiful too. Great picks :) Congrats on 2 healthy baby girl fetuses :) P.S. your dream about us and Sarah is SO FUNNY!!!!!
We're so excited for you! Hehee...2 girls at once, huh? Prepare for emotional rollercoasters :-) But girls are so much fun!!
I AM SOOO HAPPY!!! What fun it will be. I am partial to boys but I think twin girls will be fun. I like both names...If we had have had a girl she would have been Kyrsten. A Danish name we are partial to because of Alan's mission. Now I would probably go with LeeAnne...for me and my mom. Shaurie has a point though! Love ya and may be seeing you soon...depending when Derek enters the MTC.
I think I called it! YEAH! You are going to be so cute with two little girlies, can you picture chad-he is going to spoil them rotten. I love and miss you! Hope you are feeling well!
Yay for girls :)
It was great to see you at clogging tonight! We wish you were there all the time, but I know physically you're glad you're not :)
The girls will be so much fun! I know I said they would be drama, but honestly, it depends on the child. I know plenty of boys that are serious drama queens!!!
Anyways, so happy for you. Let me know when we can take Mack to Jumpin jacks!
I have no idea how I stumbled across your blog, but am so glad I did.
Congratulation!! Twins sounds so exciting but also a lot of work. :-) Your little guy is so cute!!
I have my 2 (3 if you count the hubby:-), first Karston, he is 5 going on 15 and Makaila, she just turned 3 and is my little princess.
If you follow my blog link there's pics of my family and the drama of my life. :-)
Karalee (Smith) Zobel
Wow it sounds like you have some great friends. that is too cute! I love the names, they are similar but not too close like most twins! ha ha i love the info!!!!
Yay!!! I've been waiting to find out! That is so great for Mack. He's going to be the perfect big brother! We sure do miss you guys ;) You should post a pick of your belly! We want to see ;)
Hooray for little girls! We sure love ours! you will be a great mom for girls!
Post a Comment