This is probably the last post I'll do before the twins are born. That is a strange thought... which might make this a super long one.
The past week has been very difficult. Not to sound like a downer, but here goes:
- ER visit Sunday (1/17) for the following problems: Began to lose sight on my right side, hands began to feel numb, then lost my speech. Everything I was trying to say ended up sounding like jibber-jabber. Very frustrating. I mostly couldn't read words and began to be confused. The whole "problem" lasted for 2 hours. By the time I got to the ER, it wasn't quite so bad. All my tests came back fine...healthy as can be. The doctor said it could have been a migraine without the headache (which is most likely), or it could be a stroke. If the symptoms come back, I am to go straight to the ER for a catscan and more tests.
- Got the hospital bill for my Idaho visit over Thanksgiving. $1200 with insurance covering only $150. I was charged for blood work, but they didn't take any blood. Also charged for 7 bags of IV fluid. Being how the IV ran for 5 hours, I don't think it's possible to have given me 7 bags. Talked with the insurance company for advice, and they are looking into it. Estimate of charges being looked at = $750.
- Mack was sick with food poisoning and didn't get much sleep, which didn't give me much sleep. Poor kid! He was so smart to ask if he could wear a diaper that day while I took him to the doctor. Very useful!!! I left the house with spare clothes, diapers, and wipes, which are things I haven't toted around for him in a year. He left the doctor's office wearing a t-shirt, socks, shoes, and a size 2 or 3 diaper.
- Wednesday had a NST and found out the girls had flipped, again. From my point of view, Lydia's head is below my ribs, with her body curving down and to the right. Addie is head in my right side, with her legs curving up under my ribs. This means c-section.
Today I had another NST and an ultrasound in perinatology. Here's what I learned there:
- Both girls are still in a position where I will need to have a c-section.
- Lydia is weighing in a little under 6 lbs.
- Addie is weighing in around 6 lbs. 11 oz.
- If I haven't delivered by Feb. 5th, the doctor will deliver them. I will be at 38 weeks, which I've been told begins to comlicate things, if they don't come by that time.
- I was having contractions every 2 or 3 minutes during the NST.
So, not only am I completely uncomfortable from carrying two babies inside me, with over 12 pounds sitting on my pelvis which cause me to lose the ability to lift my legs (getting dressed and undressed is super painful), limbs kicking/punching my bladder, and lots of pressure on my lungs, I am now having contractions every few minutes that even wake me up at night, so I am also losing sleep. I have lost almost all mobility (except I can shuffle along to move from one location to another) and can't even stand long enough to simply make a sandwich without feeling like I am going to pass out from lack of oxygen and the inability to bear my weight properly. It's amazing how quickly I went down hill.
On a positive note (finally), I can STILL clip my toenails, carefully shave my legs (to the knee, only), get up off the floor (but it takes me longer to do, now), give Mack pretty tight hugs and maintain a little housework (although that is failing quickly). I have a total of 5 stretch marks, each one smaller than an inch, I don't have toxemia or preclampsia or swelling, really, at all, the babies are super healthy and I have never been put on bedrest. Also, I have made it to 37 weeks and could still keep going. I need to do something really nice for myself! Any suggestions?
I have a post started about Mack and the cute things he does, but I'll post that at a later time. He is a really great kid and I love him so much. He's been such a trooper through all of this and helps me out a lot! A large part of my success I owe to him for all the trips to get me water, take himself potty, let me take an uninteruped 2 hour nap frequently... the list goes on.
Of course there is Chad, too, who I can't even begin to thank for all the sacrifices and changes he has made through all of this. I have two wonderful boys in my life!

24 comments:
Oh Charise! how the memories come flooding back! If it helps I know exactly what you're going through. And I was completely going to call a few days ago, but things got busy and I forgot. Shouldn't ignore things, huh. Hang in there. I can only tell you how AWESOME you're going to feel when it's all said and done! And you will have two BEAUTIFUL babies! I know it feels like forever away ( BELIEVE ME, I KNOW!) Just find a comfortable position and distract yourself with sleep (haha, I know) or a movie, or something. You'll be FINE!
Cherise I'm sorry that it's so hard to go through everything- i can't believe everything that's happened! BUT- I'm also so excited and happy for you! i can't wait to see pix of those two little girlies in there ;) how wonderful, and i wonder if they realize what a beautiful and sweet little family they get to come into! how lucky they are! luv ya girl
My heart just goes out to you! I wish I could be there fir you. I would love to be at your beck and call. I'm sorry about all the extremities you have been dealing with. It must be aweful!! You have every right to complain, it must be gruesome. Cherise I loved loved loved c-section! Now I know this is your first one so here are some tips: use your breathing even though it's a csection it helps. Your arms are going to strapped to the table, this may be scary so have Chad hold you as much as he can. there was nothing more comforting than kyles embrace through the while thing. Don't look up into the lights, they act like mirrors and you can see everything. There is a lot of pressure forced up into your lungs so maintain your breathing techniques. I know you'll be really scared at first but you don't feel any pain and it's over really fast. Afterwards they send you to recovery, this is where they put you to sleep for awhile. It was great!! Now I didn't feel a whole lot of pain afterward but take all the mess they give you! It helps and carry a pillow around with you everywhere. I you cough, sneeze, or have to laugh it will ease the pressure on your uterus. As soon as you can get up an start walking. It will be sore but the walking helps!! You'll be the hospital for a week but use this time to take advantage of the nurses helping you. Get lots of sleep. Let them do alot and they will becuase you just had surgery. Then when you get enough sleep get walking! After experiencing 4 c-sections the best advice I can give you is get up and get going don't lay around I think it adds to slow recovery time. I feel if I get up and get around my body heals faster. Good luck sister! I know you don't want one but I've always have found a hidden blessing in each one. You'll be alright. And c-section produce beautiful babies becuase they don't have to go through the stress of delivery. I know you'll be great!!! We love you and wish you the best!!
I second the comment that said after c-sections get up and walk around. With my first one my legs were too numb but I did with the second and things were much better. Hope things get moving soon and you'll have two cute babies to hold! Good luck to you and let me know if you need c-section tips! Tell Chad hi too!
Oh wow. That is a lot to deal with all at once! I know everyone will tell you this, but it really is true - you are one strong woman! I can't even pretend that I understand but I will keep your family and those little girls in my prayers. Love you Cherise!
You'll be in my prayers. Hang in there! I'm glad for you that it's almost over, and you'll be enjoying those little girls soon!
Cherise! I am SO sorry that you are in such pain, and have been going through SO much! My prayers will be with you, your girls, your sweet boy and your hubby!
The stretch marks I know about. I got my first on with only 2wks left to go! I was so upset, and cried, and they just kept coming. ;) oh well. At least I can say to Adilyn, look what you did to me. haha!
can't wait to hear that you had the babies, and I hope you have them on Feb 3rd...that is my 30th bday and is the best day of the yr. :) Love you!
The end is in sight!!! Love you so much! My email is rochelleharper@hotmail.com
Def hope to see you soon!
XOXO
Wowee, girl! Things change FAST! But, it sounds like you're still doing relatively well...and now you'll just have to take it super easy until at least the weekend! Wow! Keep us all posted--you're awesome! (and yes, you have 2 great boys in your life!)
You're such a strong spirit! All this tribulation is going to be so worth it for you. I have always wanted twins and never realized how much extra you truly have to go through! I wish I lived close so I could come give you a scalp treatment or something. Good Luck-you'll be in my prayers!
You're in the home stretch! The good news-it will be over soon. And you still look fabulous, by the way! We will keep you and your family in our prayers. Can't wait to see your girls! They will be beautiful-just like you! And Mack will be a great big brother!
You can do it!! And, a c-section is so not a big deal, I am glad I have to have them! Just try and walk ASAP as much as you can, and it will seriously speed up your recovery time. You'll be amazed. I didn't even have to be on pain meds at home, but maybe that was just me...Good Luck with this last week, you can do it!
Oh Cherise! You are amazing! Carrying one baby is hard, I can't imagine two...but I am guessing it is double the rewards! I can't wait to see what beaties they are! Hang in there!
by the way, that was BEAUTIES, not beaties...all though they may have rhythm!
Oh my goodness! What a month you have had. Good luck with everything, our prayers and with you.
Oh my, it seems like you have sure went through alot lately. I am not too far away if you need anything if you just need a break and need me to watch mack for you! I hope that everything goes well from here out. I can't wait for the sweet girls. Please let me know if I can help in any way!
Oh my gosh cousin.what a miserable time. I'm constantly checking your blog to see how things are going. I just feel horrible for you. I'm so glad your prayers were answered. what a testimony builder for me. Thanks for sharing your story even though you're miserable. Love ya girly! good luck the next few days we'll be thinking of you.
I'll be praying for you! I really feel for you right now!I think its so cute that Mack named his doll "Coco"... See, I know he really means "Cocoa"... You know, I'm also thinking that you should get Mack a 3rd "Slush" so that he can share the other two with the two girls and be okay -- he'd probably love that! I miss you guys! Good luck with everything. I'm just GIDDY with excitement for you!!! Calli sends her love to Mack!
Hang in there. I love you and wish I lived closer so I could help you.
Cherise you are so great! those babies are lucky to have you for a mom! c-sections are not to bad dont dread it to much I had one and it was much better then some people make it sound. I would love to get with you next time I am in Utah and see those sweet babies.
How hard! I know you can do this, not much longer! When your sweet babies are here, this will seem like a world away. Keeping all of you guys in our prayers.
cherise I am so excited for you!!! hang in there my dear!! I am not prego and have no other kids and am not in school. Let me bring you dinner or something!!! You are great and you still look like a hottie:)
oh man!!! Sounds like so much fun!! :) Hang in there girl, you, of all people, are totally a champ and with your kind of faith I know your labor and delivery will turn out just as it should! Keep looking for the tender mercies! I wish WE could be there to help you and hang out, we sure love you and we're rooting for you all the way across the country!!! Go Cherise, Go!! Rah Rah Rah! :)
You look amazing prego with twins!! Good job girl!
Post a Comment