Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Update 34 1/2 Weeks

Yesterday I went to my regular doctor's appointment hoping to find out that I can have the babies, soon. Apparently, I am so healthy and doing so well. I get to wait it out. That's right, they are just going to let me suffer through the next month and let me go on my own. Grrrrr.

Of course, that is actually good news. The longer the babies stay in the womb, the healthier they'll be at birth. Which means a shorter stay in the hospital, higher success with breastfeeding, lower chance of being in the NICU, and sooner success getting them to sleep through the night.

My doctor is going out of town from the 23rd to the 30th. I was hoping to have them by then, but I guess that probably won't happen. I promised to rest a lot, so he could deliver them when he gets home. However, I do have an appointment with him on Thursday right before he leaves (maybe I'll be dilated and he'll start me... cross your fingers!) and then the day he gets back from vacation.

Now is the time to "complain," but I mostly write this so I can reflect on the feelings of a multiple pregnancy:
  • I feel hot a lot, and can't even make it through a few seconds of NST's without feeling faint. I have to eat ice chips and sit in a chair for the majority of the test.
  • My eyes seem to twitch a lot.
  • Arms tingle and feel numb most of the time.
  • Chest feels constricted. Last night Addie was wedged under my ribs. It hurt and I could NOT sleep.
  • Stomach is heavy and feels stretched and tight most of the time.
  • After I bend over for any length of time, I see spots whirling around.
  • Lower back in pain often.
  • In between shoulder blades I feel a sharp, intense pinching in my back.
  • Pelvic bone... we won't even go there. It just hurts all the time.
  • Babies' movements are not as fun as they used to be, because they hurt since there isn't a whole lot of room in there.
  • At least 2 hours of nap time daily for me, while Mack entertains himself. He wakes me up if he needs me, though.
If it weren't for all these "ailments," I would want them to stay in a bit longer, because I realize the real work begins after their born. So, in a way, I guess it is a blessing that I feel so crummy.

I will post pictures soon of my big belly. Right now I measure at 39 weeks, so it's not too big. Also, I am becoming a member of the stretch mark club. I have three tiny ones, as in less than an inch long. But, they are there and can only get worse in the next few weeks.

Before I forget... Shaurie is throwing a shower for me, after the girls are born. So be ready to come meet them, enjoy yummy food, and a chance to win some door prizes!

9 comments:

Jill said...

Oh, you're so close!! Just wait it out, believe me, you want to take those babies home!! And, it doesn't just end there with a nicu baby, it took us a good 2 months until Spencer felt like a normal newborn. So keep them in as long as you can!! We'll be keeping our fingers crossed for you, and hope all goes well with your delivery!!

Chellie said...

I know you're uncomfortable, but keep them in there as long as possible. Maddie was rushed off right after birth and Max was a NICU baby. It's SOOOO hard to rest after labor when you're worried about them. You're in our prayers! Let us know about the Shower. I'd love to try to make it down!

Anna said...

Hang in there. Cant wait to meet my mini cousins!

The MK Crew said...

I'm totally impressed that you didn't have stretch marks until now. The price we pay for motherhood! Can't wait to see tummy pictures!

Marion said...

I can almost feel your pain! Only I never carried twins. Hang in there, Cherise. We're thinking about you and excited for you, too! Love you!

Mishelle Noyes said...

I keep bugging Kyle into letting me come and help you out for the next few weeks. You must be just inmobile! But Im glad you arer healthy and the babies are doing great! See you in a few weeks. Good luck and best wishes!!

Shellie said...

You are awesome! I can't wait to hear that they are here, but you are right. It is good that they are cooking as long as possible (just not too long, right?) Hang in there!

Alisa said...

well, I happy that your doctor isn't pushing them out before they're ready! My goodness--you can do it, girl! Congrats on the last stretch...and congrats on just joining the stretch mark club...you're lucky to have lasted this long!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Cherise,

For some reason your email address isn't working, can you email it to me one more time? jenmclain@gmail.com

I can't wait to see your precious girls...
We'd love to bring you over dinner after they arrive. Let us know!!