Today was a good/tiring day. My mom came to help me do the dishes and laundry. As I was sorting through clothes, I found stuff I haven't worn in a month. Isn't that disgusting? As of yesterday, I would have never admitted that publicly. But given the new circumstances, I think it's forgivable.
I need to take pictures, but I look like I am four months pregnant. I am starting to feel like I can't bend over very well, because there isn't the room to scrunch like that, which also makes it a little difficult to breathe while sitting. But, when I walk around, I am completely out of breath by the time I walk the short distance to the end of the street. Did I mention we are the second house on the block?
Last night I had a hard time sleeping. Partly because I felt a little anxious about all the work I have to get done around the house before they are born, but also because my back was hurting. It just seems so crazy to be going through this already. I can't imagine what it's going to be like when the twins are born. I'm already tired and don't know if I'll ever feel rested for the next two years.
Okay, enough complaining...
I am really excited for Mack to be a big brother! Today, we pulled some of my old dolls out of storage (they look like real babies, anatomically correct and everything). Mack was really excited about one of them and told me it was his boy (they are really both girls) named Cocoa. It is his favorite word right now. He also told me that he didn't want a dress on his baby. After we bathed the babies and got them dressed, not in dresses, Mack hauled Cocoa around for quite a while. I showed him how to hold a baby and taught him that we don't pick babies up by the head. He did pretty well with trying to pick it up around the middle, until I left him for a second and came back to a headless doll. It was a good example of why we don't pick real babies up by the head.
He got a pillow, blanket, and his slushes out for Cocoa to sleep with. Then he laid Cocoa down and "read" a story to him. He talks to the doll in a sweet, high pitched voice and is really pretty gentle to it. After a while, he informed me that the baby was tired and placed Cocoa in his crib to take a nap.
I know some of you might find it a little disturbing that I encourage this sort of play, but I really felt that I needed to get these dolls out for him to play with, so he will learn how to treat a baby. I know I'll need his help a lot. With our friend's little girl, he likes to help where he can, but doesn't really know how. Maybe this will prepare him.
Today...
I am finally getting used to the idea of the twins. I was feeling completely overwhelmed for a while. I lost a lot of sleep, because I was waking up in the middle of the night. For three nights straight I was waking at 3 a.m. and could not get back to sleep until 6 a.m. I debated whether I needed a blessing, or just let my body get used to the schedule. I decided you can never go wrong with a blessing, so Chad gave one to me. I have been able to sleep a lot better since then...
I am actually really excited about having twins. I figure, why stress about it too much? The Lord knows what he is doing and he knows I can handle this. Plus, how often am I going to experience this kind of excitement?
Crazy as this sounds, I have been feeling the babies move already! At first it was pretty faint, but this weekend I have felt them like 5 times. It's always in the same spot in my stomach, and every time I get so excited!
Mack is doing a lot better. The poor kid has been couped up in the house for weeks. I have felt some guilt, but looking on the bright side, he has learned to be more independent. He gets his own drinks, takes himself potty, plays quietly for close to 2 hours before he needs my help, and he helps fetch stuff for me when I am sick.
This weekend I am feeling better and I think the boys are both very happy about it.
Today...
I am finally getting used to the idea of the twins. I was feeling completely overwhelmed for a while. I lost a lot of sleep, because I was waking up in the middle of the night. For three nights straight I was waking at 3 a.m. and could not get back to sleep until 6 a.m. I debated whether I needed a blessing, or just let my body get used to the schedule. I decided you can never go wrong with a blessing, so Chad gave one to me. I have been able to sleep a lot better since then...
I am actually really excited about having twins. I figure, why stress about it too much? The Lord knows what he is doing and he knows I can handle this. Plus, how often am I going to experience this kind of excitement?
Crazy as this sounds, I have been feeling the babies move already! At first it was pretty faint, but this weekend I have felt them like 5 times. It's always in the same spot in my stomach, and every time I get so excited!
Mack is doing a lot better. The poor kid has been couped up in the house for weeks. I have felt some guilt, but looking on the bright side, he has learned to be more independent. He gets his own drinks, takes himself potty, plays quietly for close to 2 hours before he needs my help, and he helps fetch stuff for me when I am sick.
This weekend I am feeling better and I think the boys are both very happy about it.

5 comments:
I'm so happy for you! Just think, you ARE allowed to be tired, you have 2 babies in there sucking the life from you! HAHA. You'll be fine; you can handle this. And how exciting!!!!! 2 of everything! Lars works at a baby store and can get good discounts if you ever wanna make the trip to Logan. We can help you get double everything! Love you! Don't worry about Mack, he'll be great when the babies come. Maddie took some adjusting, but she is super gentle and sweet with Max...
I wish I would have taught Katelin how to play with babies. She hauls Savannah around like she is a rag doll! but how exciting! I am really excited to see you guys this week! did you check out my blog maybe that will get you a little excited about having twins :-) Anywho, see you soon beautiful!
Stork Landing is the store. 99 West Center Street in Logan. Email me at rochelleharper@hotmail.com with your phone number. We will be out of town until August 15th and I will call you when we are home. I can't wait to see you guys!!! Much love! Store hours are Tues-Sat 12-6pm. Let me know what time/day works best for you too so I can make sure we (my hubby especially) have time to meet up. Maybe we can do lunch at Great Harvest? It's a couple doors down. I just can't wait to see your beautiful family! And I certainly don't mind that you share my silly little girl and her fun personality! She gets us all rolling in laughter at times! Love ya! XOXO, Chell
That is AWESOME that Mack calls one of the babies "Cocoa"! That means he likes the idea of a baby b/c we know how much he likes cocoa! Sooo cute! So, now you MUST name a girl baby "coco"... I guess you don't have to have an 'a' at the end. Or, it should at least be a nickname. LOVE IT! - Molly & Calli
Wow- you are such a strong sweet mom. I love when you said- you can never go wrong with a blessing. So true! Remember when Chad had to give me a blessing over the hair drama??
Post a Comment