Monday, October 19, 2009

October...

Not a whole lot has been going on around here.  Getting ready for the babies and holidays has sent me into a nesting phase, so I have been busy on little projects here and there.  Although I use up lots of energy when working, it's been worth it.  
Bathroom:  Chad still has the little things to finish that I don't know how to do.  This means there were little tools scattered everywhere.  I finally condensed them all to one pile, which now covers my entire dryer's surface.  Someday, he'll find the time to finish...  Here are some pics of the almost finished project.  It is hard to take pics of such small spaces.  Mack is super excited that he can wash his own hands, now, and can watch himself in the mirror.  He is actually washing his face, legs, and arms, too.  I'll try to get better pictures later.



My bedroom: Before we moved in, the previous tenants painted the walls (hideous colors) and then heavily smoked.  We evicted them and had to move in quickly, so we threw primer all over the walls and floor boards, since we had to replace the carpet, too.  I've always worked on other projects and saved my room till last.  I just couldn't imagine not finishing it before the twins are born, so I tackled the project, even though it took me three weeks and caused lots of contractions.  A big thanks to Aubrey and Elle for helping me!


This purple was the color of the walls before the primer.
Mack helping with the project.

His finished picture of a dog.  It sort of looks like a lion to me.
This is what happens when I have to take a nap and it becomes really quiet.  Thank goodness it got cold that week, so he couldn't wear shorts!


Shaurie and Mike were here this week and helped me clean my storage, car port, and patio.  Getting ready for winter!  Also, Mike hung my shelf in my kitchen!  I bought it a year ago, but couldn't decide which color to paint it.  At first it was black, then antique white.  In the end we ended up sanding parts of it, so the black could show through.  So cute!!!  Thanks Mike and Shaurie!

My quaint kitchen.  
Mack:  He's been a super funny boy, lately.  Everyday, he refers to me a Marina (from the Fresh Beat Band on Nickelodeon).  The other day he said, "Hey Marina!  Let's pretend you are Ruby, and I am Max!"  Max and Ruby is another show he likes.  As if we weren't already pretending!  The best, though... Yesterday we were in the car on our way to Salt Lake.  He was being very serious and asked me, "Do you have a super hero in your life?"  I didn't think I heard him right, because of the way he said it.  I laughed and said, "Only you, buddy."  He then replied, "What about Spartacus?"

He also talks to the girls daily and gives them all kinds of advice.  "Hey Babies!  When you come out of mom's tummy, you are going to have to get a flu shot and be really, really brave." or "Babies, I am really tall and really, really big and I can run really fast.  And I am brave."  or he kisses my tummy and tells them he loves them.  The other day he asked how they came out of my tummy.  I explained the best I could, without giving too much info to a three year-old.  In the end, he told the babies, "When you come out, you'll have to travel down mom's pants and come out the bottom by her feet."  That's not what I told him, but it's how he imagined it, I guess.

Also, my sweet mom-in-law broke her arm last week.  She fell getting out to the car at a fabric store.  She told Mack over the phone how she broke her arm when she fell on the pavement.  Later, Mack explained to Chad how grannie's arm fell off and it was the "penguin's" fault.  Penguin- pavement.  I guess they sound the same...

The twins and I are doing well; just pretty tired and not very mobile.  Shaurie and I went to IKEA yesterday, and she pushed me around in a wheel chair.   Sort of fun, but I got a little motion sick and it was frustrating to not be able to get around the aisles very well.  Someday, I'll add pictures of my belly.  It is just tricky to get a good picture right now, since I don't get ready everyday and sometimes you can't see the belly in the picture.  Someday...

Next doctor's appointment is Nov. 3rd.  Maybe I'll add pictures then.

4 comments:

Chellie said...

I'm laughing. OUTLOUD. Mack is a funny boy! Pretty silly to compare three year olds... Mine does make up a slew of things also. I'm glad you have a little super hero to entertain you! So go to shopstorklanding.com and look at things there. I can give you price quotes over the phone or email for things you might need. I could probably even deliver some things to you if you can't make it up here! I can only imagine how crazy things are for you and how much traveling pregnant stinks! love ya.

Molly said...

Yeah! I totally want a belly shot... but a probably already mentioned that. Those things Mack has said are soooo funny! Calli watches Nick Jr. (previously Noggin) everyday. It pretty much stays on that channel... much to my dismay. The Fresh Beat Band drives me sooo crazy though. If I have any songs in my head, it is guaranteed that it's one from that show or THE STUPID FALL SONG from the MOOSE or the fall song from Yo Gabba Gabba. I told Vern this weekend that he has no idea what Nick Jr. is doing to my subconscious. Then he said, "What is she doing, watching it all day long..." Not entirely, but off and on a couple of times during the day is enough to drive me a batty since its the same episodes over and over again. And, I love that Mack mentioned "Sparticus" (Sportacus) from Lazy Town... He's like the athletic french accented super hero with a handle bar mustache... I don't quite get that show. I wish I was there to help you with your place. I'm trying to help my parents fix of there place, too! This past spring, I even dry-walled a section and did venetian plaster on the entryway. Venetian plaster is the BOMB, btw. If you have uneven textured walls or have patches, it evens out the texture of everything and looks cool. Plus, its fun I guess. Love your guts. Tell Mack that Calli says "hi" and she loves him ;)

Rachelle said...

Looks like you are doing good. I still think Mac is the cutest boy ever. I hope when I have kids some day they are half as cute! Good luck with twin girls. Hope all is well.

WRYUN said...

Wow, sounds like you've been pretty busy!! I want some belly shots too!!! And shots of your finished bedroom....