Sunday, November 8, 2009

Silly Mack


This lovely thing is the love of Mack's life.  She is a character from the Nick Jr. show, Lazy Town.  He frequently reminds me, "I have a crush on Stephanie, Mom."  The other day I asked him what a crush meant.  His reply was that it means he thinks she is really cool, nice, funny, and beautiful.  Most of the time when he calls her beautiful, he whispers it... as if he were speaking reverently.  He also LOVES that she has pink hair.  Last time I had my hair done he asked me if I would please make it pink.   

More Silliness:

  • Chad made a mixture of grape juice/apple juice/medicine for Mack.  He was drinking it and I said, "Mack, you have the best daddy in the world.  He made this drink special for you."  Mack replied, "Oh Dad, you are so sweet.  I could just drink you up!  Gunk, gunk, gunk... Juicy!"
  • While washing his hands the other day, I explained to Mack the importance of using warm water.  My nose was scrunched talking about how gross germs are.  Mack was listening so carefully and watching me so closely.  He caught me off guard when he said, "You look like a rabbit!"  I guess with my nose scrunched, teeth showing, and hair straight down at the sides, I really did resemble a rabbit!
  • After that he said, "Mom, you're a little stinker!"
  • I cut his hair on Friday.  After he checked it out in the mirror, he can stomping out of my room, exclaiming, "Ahhhh!  You RUINED it!  I don't like it!"  He continued to say that, until I styled it for him.  Then he liked it just fine.
  • When we were looking through recent pictures of himself, he said, "Wow.  I have a big head!"  It was just because he needed a haircut so desperately.  
I just love being the mom to this little boy!  He makes me laugh SO much.  Plus he is very loving.  Every time I sit by him, he loves to hold my hand.  He also flashes "I love you" in sign language to me and kisses me often.  He also enjoys cuddling with me every night while he falls asleep and tells me, "Mom, I really like you when you cuddle with me."  I know this phase won't last forever, so I am soaking it up while I can.

12 comments:

The MK Crew said...

Adorable! Those are definitely "mom paydays"! He is a crack up! And I'm totally impressed how well you're keeping up on here! Way to go!

trine k said...

oh I love Mack so so much! We miss him, he really has to be one of the funniest little boys EVER! Love you guys, glad you sound so great! I was just thinking about this morning and kept thinking, Cherise is going to be SO great with the twins, they are so lucky.

Anonymous said...

Oh man, that is so cute. The things he says are hilarious.

Before you know it, you'll be fighting off neighborhood girls that have a crush on Mack!

Chellie said...

Adorable!

WRYUN said...

Mack is a rad little kid! We enjoyed hanging out with you guys! We will be in touch for our next date.

-Ryan & Jilly

Alisha said...

That's the BEST EVER!!! And I don't blame him for his crush... I have to say that she is a pretty talented girl for her age... and very cool with the pink hair.

Shellie said...

What a cute boy. The Lazy Town crush is so funny.

Leisa said...

oh i love it when the kid is cute. I agree it is so much fun being a mom! I love your updates and am glad things are going so well with your life and your coming babies.

Molly said...

Hey! I can't believe how much older Mack looks after just a year! Oh, we miss him so much! He's such a sweet little guy and I miss how well Calli and he played together! I'm so glad that little baby girls are doing well, too! Miss you guys!

Unknown said...

Cuddle time is the absolute best. I can't get enough of it, and I know I still have a while until he doesn't like the "cuddle time" anymore. But it truly is one of the best perks of being mommy!

Benji and Aubrey said...

Chad asked me to find your blog tonight (he wanted to show Benji some football picture)...

When I pulled it up I realized that I'm not caught up on your blog! But then I started reading and realized that I'm your neighbor and I either saw these moments in person or got to hear about them shortly thereafter :)

I love Mack- gotta be one of the smartest/funniest kids around.

Alisa said...

Mack...Mack...Mack...you just can't keep a straight face around him...he is SO cute and genuine!!

glad to hear pregnancy is still going well...you're looking great!