Friday, November 20, 2009

How I am Feeling



26 weeks and a new haircut.

I was planning on keeping my hair long during this pregnancy, but my skin and hair are so dry, I had to chop 6 inches off!  Every time I brushed by hair, there was breakage all over the sink that looked like I had just completed a men's haircut.  So sad, but it'll be healthy and out of the way for now.

These past couple of weeks have been interesting.  Some days I have felt great and have gotten a lot accomplished.  Other days aren't quite as lucky.  

Accomplishments:
  • Organized some baby clothes.
  • Bought a few gifts for Mack for Christmas.
  • Made a Thanksgiving/Christmas countdown chain for Mack.
  • Decided what to do for parents for Christmas and finished one of the projects.
  • Made a pinewood derby car for Mack to race at the Elder's Quorum activity.
  • Learned how to make pie crust (thanks to Alicia and Beckie; 2 sisters-in-law).
  • Hung up my kitchen cabinet doors.
  • Put together the crib.
  • Cleaned Mack's room (again).
  • More de-cluttering (I swear I work on something constantly!)
  • Organized my crafts and shelf above the washer/dryer.
Wow, I didn't realize I've done so much lately!  That makes me happy.

Problems:
  • I went to Costco and WalMart the other day to do some grocery shopping and get some Christmas ideas.  By the time I was finished, I was completely exhausted!  My legs and back hurt and I couldn't walk anymore.  Luckily, Chad got home just as I was pulling in and was able to get Mack out of the car, unload the groceries, and make dinner.  I love him!  From this experience, I realize I can no longer go shopping for longer than a 1/2 hour... :(
  • Last week, I had one really busy day where I wasn't able to sit down and rest.  I wasn't paying attention to my contractions or babies' movements during the day.  So, when I finally stopped, I noticed the contractions were a little frequent.  Long story short, I called my doctor, went in for a non-stress test (basically, they strap monitors to the belly and listen to the heart beats and watch for contractions), and was sent home.  Everything was fine.  As soon as I laid in that hospital bed, the contractions stopped.  The did a few, simple tests and they all came back just fine.  It was a relief to find out that I am still doing a great job taking care of these babies.
I am feeling very blessed at this point to still be able to get around and take care of my family (most of the time).  The doctor hasn't put me on any sort of bed rest and I feel like my body is strong enough to handle the next 11 weeks.  Even though I am very sore a lot of the time, I can still do most things; I just can't push myself too hard.  All in all, I have to say that a multiple pregnancy is a lot harder than most people realize.  It's funny how typical pregnancy books and websites state that a multiple pregnancy is pretty similar to a singleton... "just add more calories to your diet and get a bit more rest."  If only they really knew what it was like.

Just for fun, here are some fun pictures.  Mack posed his Slushes and took this fantastic picture.  Baby Slush is hugging Mama Slush.


In this picture, he was eating a cupcake and decided to use the frosting to make himself look like Grandpa Gale.  He is really funny about Grandpa Gale's "pokey whiskers." 

8 comments:

Chellie said...

Cuuuuuuuutie Pie! Both of you!

WRYUN said...

Your hair looks great, and it'll be back before you know it! I can't believe it's 11 weeks! Ahhhhhhhhh. Lookin' good though. And tell Mack the whiskers look amazing!

Nicole said...

I love your hair, and for sure it will grow back so fast!!! and YOU are so stinkin' cute with that prego belly!!! I am so excited for these two little ones to be a part of your family. You're doing great taking care of them, and Mack and Chad-you're amazing! Keep up the good work and get lots of rest!!

Anonymous said...

You look great Cherise! I'll bet you are counting down the days until those girls make their big debut.

Anna said...

You look so good for 26 wks with twins. I love the hair and I love that Mak!

Molly said...

So, my question is: Is Mack going to get 2 more slushes for the babies? Cause he better get them their own slushes eventually... b/c I know if they touch his slush(es) .. oh man! ;) We miss Mack! And you look great in your pick! Smaller than I thought you'd be!!

Benji and Aubrey said...

ah, what a cute pregnant lady you are. Did I tell you that you looked ravishing at church today :)

Devin and Elle said...

Oh i miss you guys. We need to come up an visit you soon. Its been way way too long!