Today was another day of doctor's appointments. The twins are doing great and growing well.
Interesting Info:
- One is measuring 1lb. 7oz. and the other is at 1lb. 9oz.
- Both are sort of head down. One is actually considered head down and the other is one its way. I am very excited about this, because my chances of a C-Section are less.
- I am starting to get a small feel for their personalities. The one we call Addie is pretty still. She seems very calm and doesn't move as much.
- Lydia is a bit more active... okay a lot more active. Plus, she is sprawled out with her head in my lower right side, curving around to the left side, with a bum sticking out the left side, and feet curving back to my right under my ribs.
- Addie is very scrunched, thanks to her sister, and mostly takes up room on my right side. Her head is right next to Lydia's, just a bit higher, and her feet are curled around to my right side next to Lydia's.
- In one picture I saw today, all that could be seen was four little feet jumbled together.
- They still don't know if they are identical or fraternal. We could spend lots of money to have them genetically tested to find out, or wait until they are about 3 to 6 months old to see if they begin to look alike. I was told if other people can't tell them apart when they reach that age, then they are most likely identical.
My body:
- My stomach is big enough that I can't just get on the floor to pick stuff up. I usually slide from the bed/couch/chair to the floor, then stay on my knees until everything is picked up. In public, Mack does all the bending for me.
- I have reached a whopping 35 pound gain! I have about 5 to 15 more pounds to go before I really have to worry. But, as I am reaching my last trimester, I am not too worried. I didn't gain any weight in the 3rd trimester with Mack, and hoping it's about like that with this pregnancy.
- I can still squeeze into some of my pre-pregnancy pants.
- I am still having contractions and cramps and am very achy where the bones in my hips are starting to stretch.
- But, my cervix is VERY closed and long, so I don't have to worry about having these babies any time soon! Yeah!
- This month I have been feeling pretty well. The fatigue is beginning to subside and I can actually stay busy, with out dying in the middle of the day. But, I do die at the end of the day... :/
- My doctor told me he was very pleased with my progress and health today. Huge relief!
We had a fun halloween, starting with a fantastic ward party/chili cook off. I hardly saw Mack the whole 3 hours we were there. He was having a blast playing games and playing in the Spook Tunnel. After the party, he took off his clothes and refused to go trick-or-treating. After about 15 minutes, we began to get trick-or-treaters, so he got dressed, ate dinner, and then decided it was time to go. I drove while Chad and Mack walked door-to-door. It was quite fun.
The Train Engineer.
So, this picture has a funny story. If any of you have watched It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown you'll understand a bit better. Basically, Charlie Brown gets a rock at every house he tricks-or-treats at. Mack found this super amusing, so when we went to visit Chad at work on Friday to trick-or-treat, Chad gave Mack a rock (along with some candy, later). Mack thought it was the BEST thing in the world! He laughed about it for quite a while and then showed everyone his cool rock. In the picture, he is showing us his rock, but trying to be sad about it.
Lately, he can't take "normal" pictures. He always wants to be silly, so here are a couple of his latest and greatest.
Trying to put his shirt on himself... upside-down.

5 comments:
Brent loves Charlie Brown, so for Christmas Last year my little sister wrapped up a rock for him. He opened it chuckled and replied..."I got a rock"...
I love the names of your babies-so funny that they are already have way different personalities. But with a big brother like Mack-they are bound to be full of life and humor. So fun!
Oh Mackers. what a hoot he is!!! Poor Addie I totally know how she feels!!! Lydia is JUST like her mom!
Oh that Mackers! He is dressed perfect for his personality!! I can't even explain how ready about your experience excites me! I am so happy for you! I hope you are taking tons and tons of pictures of you pregnant! I want to see your big belly :-)
Mack's "sad" picture looks like he's a mob boss trying to intimidate someone.
"you look like a rabbit" haha...
Post a Comment