I am posting in the dark, because it is now 5:48 am, and I can't sleep. I think my body is conditioning for what is to come. So, hopefully everything is spelled correctly and makes sense!
Things with the pregnancy are going well. I have not been put on bed rest and have not been given any restrictions since my last appointment, which I am so grateful for! I can still do things such as wash the dishes, crawl on the floor and get up with out too much help, and put on my own seat belt. I can even still cut my own toenails! Compared to my last pregnancy, I feel about as mobile/immobile as I did during my last weeks. The only difference is that I require a lot more rest and still have 3 to 5 weeks left. The past four weeks have flown, though, so I am thinking it won't drag on; mostly because I am so nervous for their arrival.
On my Tuesday appointment, both girls are head down, which means I don't have to have a C-Section. My doctor said, baby A is pretty much staying head down and if baby B flips, again, he'll try to turn her. If that doesn't work he'll deliver her feet first.
Also, they are each weighing in at 4lbs. 8oz. which is pretty good.
Nobody said anything about how soon they can be born. I am hoping to deliver between the 22nd and 30th of January. Chad's birthday is the 31st, so we are hoping to miss that day for delivery. Even though the majority of our family would have the same birthday, Chad pointed out that they already have to share the day, so he prefers they were born on a different day.
I now have appointments once a week at the hospital for NST's (Non-Stress Tests). They basically monitor your blood pressure, contractions, and the babies' pulse. Every other week, I will visit my doctor. It's getting sooo close!
One thing I have been reflecting on lately, is how much I am going to miss the peace and quiet I currently have. Every night around 8:30, we get Mack in his jammies and either play a game, or read a book. Then we say prayers and he goes to bed. Mack usually requests that one of us cuddle with him for a little while. After that I am free to go to bed, read a book, or cuddle with Chad while he watches his shows until I have fallen asleep.
For Christmas, Chad bought me 4 books on twins: one called Juggling Twins; two breastfeeding books; and one on how to get twins on a good sleeping schedule. I am feeling much calmer after reading some of these, even feeling a bit more excited about them coming. Mack talks about their birth almost daily and tells me he is ready for them to be born. Mostly, because he also mentions daily that "after the twins are born, we get to go to Lagoon!" I have to remind him that we can't go until all the snow has melted.
I can feel the babies moving around a lot more, but not kicking and punching as much. There really isn't a whole lot of room for that, anymore. They are also getting to the point that I can feel distinct bumps in my tummy. It is fun to guess which body part it is and move it around.
Mack is soooo proud of his new Buzz Lightyear pajamas. Notice the body position of the two following pictures... kind of funny.
Making a snow angel after the first snowfall.

11 comments:
Getting CLOSER!! Wohoo!! Well, I'm excited for you guys...and I hope things continue to go really well during this last month. Have you heard of the book "Babywise"? I would definitely recommend it, particularly when having twins (I followed it, know a billion others, and had a friend with twins who swore by it, too).
Keep us posted!
Yay! Things look like they're going great! We're happy they are still in your tummy! You're in our prayers!
Cute! I love your updates! Tell Mack Calli says hi and she misses him!
I am so glad things are going well. I was thinking about you last week, and almost called you to see how things were going. I know you probably have arrangements made for Mack, but if you want, I know Xander would love to have him come play for a day or two if you ever need. Just e-mail or call 801-928-8987 or heidi@heidiplumb.com. Good luck!
I cant wait to see the little stinkers. Love you.
Oh Cherise! What a great blessing that you have made it this far with such great progress! I know it has not been easy but still you are so brave and positive! What a great woman you are! Your kids are truely lucky to have such a great mother who is kind and loving. I hope all goes well in the weeks to come. Wishing you the best of health and well-being!
Yay!! The true countdown is here!! So glad that everything is still going well. Hopefully it all continues to and you have a smooth delivery! Good Luck with everything, and post pix asap!!
i'm so glad things are going well. I'm only pregnant with one and i know how tired i get! i can only imagine with 2. I keep checking on you to see if you've had them yet. i hope things go well the next couple weeks i can't think of anything worse than being on bed rest. (well ok i guess i could think of worse things but i would hate bed rest anyway)
Oh the stories we could swap...CALL ME!!!! or come by, seriously we should talk! PS ask your dr if he's going to induce you at 37 weeks like mine did. If your babies are under 8 pounds you can have all my preemie clothes!!! (seriously, it can be hard to find them! and I have a BOX full)
You still look fabulous! You are amazing! Mack seems like a trooper. Good luck over the next several weeks! (Until they are born and after.) I'm sure you'll do great!
You still look fabulous! You are amazing! Mack seems like a trooper. Good luck over the next several weeks! (Until they are born and after.) I'm sure you'll do great!
Post a Comment