Thursday, December 3, 2009

Latest and Greatest

On Tuesday, I had an appointment with the perinatologist (the babies doctor while in the womb).  
  • According to the ultrasound, the girls are growing very well and are one week ahead on their growth.  
  • Addie weighs in at 3 lbs. 1 oz., and Lydia is at 3 lbs. 2 oz.  
  • The doctor said, if I rest a lot then they can come home with me at 36 weeks.  That's only 7 weeks away!  
  • So, that means no more shopping (Christmas?????).  Today I went to the grocery store to pick up a few items and decided I can never walk around that long during this pregnancy again.  Bring on the wheelchair!
  • That also means I can't travel very far, either, because sitting too long can cause blood clots in my legs.
  • They also found that Addie might have a problem with her kidneys and bladder.  Apparently the opening of the tubes that drain into the bladder are a bit big, indicating they have a difficult time draining.  They will continue to monitor the size of the opening through ultrasounds.  If they are still big by her second year, they will do surgery to insert a "straw" in each tube that will help drain the kidney.  If it isn't done, she will just be more susceptible to bladder infections.  So, it isn't really anything to stress about and the doctor said, it usually goes away on its own.  
Over Thanksgiving, we went to Chad's sister's house in Rigby, Idaho.   It was a fun trip, but we all got sick with a flu.  It effected only a couple people at a time and it's still running through the family.  I caught it on Friday night and ended up in the hospital Saturday morning due to contractions from lack of rest and dehydration.  I was given an IV and anti-nausea medication, which stopped the contractions and gave me the ability to sleep; FINALLY!  What a "vacation!"  

13 comments:

Briahna said...

Cherise! Take care of yourself! I'm so happy that the babies are looking good.

Lisa said...

Who's your perinatologist? And wow, that post brought back a lot of memoires! Using a wheelchair to get around Target and Walmart, getting contractions at the slightest stress. sigh, good luck and stay down!!!

Anna said...

Im so excited for you to meet those babies. Sounds like they are growing well. Love you!

Mishelle Noyes said...

Oh my goodness girl! How scary to get sick but it's good to know we have doctors and hospitals! What a blessing! A wheelchair would be fun, or at least the motorized kind then Mac can go for a ride with ya. Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Oh man. I'm so sorry. I got the flu and pneumonia when I was pregnant and it was so awful. (It didn't help that a certain employer had "blackout" and insisted I work.)
Anyway, I'm so sorry for you. It's no fun being sick...

WRYUN said...

Bummer about the flu, but I'm glad you finally got the rest! Just take it easy and let everyone help you out so that you can bring those babies home!! Leaving Spencer was the hardest thing we've ever had to do, I can't imagine leaving 2 babies! Good Luck with everything, and don't hesitate to call if you need help with anything....

Alisa said...

OH...so sad about the flu! I can't believe that they'll let you deliver at just 36 weeks! Wow! That time will fly!

Matt and Brooke said...

WAHOO!! i found your blog!! and found out you are having girls!! congrats that is awesome! you look great!

Matt and Brooke said...

things are going great! we need to go to lunch sometime and yes i'll be around in Jan. I would love to get an invite!

Devin and Elle said...

Sounds like everything is going great! It sucks being so far away from you guys. There is a big void in our lives and we don't like it! We will have to come up and visit soon! Stay rested!

Molly said...

Cherise! I'm so sorry you got the flu! I had the same thing when I was pregnant with Calli and ended up in the hospital, also -- I was so sick, I wore a diaper ;) It was horrible... I'm sooo sorry you had to go through with that! But, AT LEAST you can't get it again this season. That's what I always say. Once you've had it that year, then you've had it. Good Luck!

Anonymous said...

Yes we do really need to get together! Let us know when is a good time for you. We could even have you over for dinner.
I did quit working at the crap hole. I'm now home full-time and loving life. Also, you'd better warn Chad now, he is going to be like butter in those little girls' hands.

Anna said...

Cherise-Whats your email? Marlys wants to chat with you-she is having twins too.
Email me
kurtnanna@hotmail.com